- INTERNAL AUDIT
Bring a systematic, disciplined approach to internal controls
Our internal audit service.
Our consultants are ISO 9001 certified by the BSI, we offer independent, objective assurance and consultancy designed to add value and improve your organisation’s operations.
Our service helps you accomplish your objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
At completion we deliver a comprehensive findings report to your senior management team, we can also help long term to ensure compliance to your vital processes.
HJB offer an independent insight in to your internal controls and asses there efficiency and operating effectiveness.
Review all existing documentation and formulate an audit plan, communicated to the relevant people prior to the audit
Conduct the audit using ISO 9001 standards interviewing all relevant staff within the process
During the audit a measure of the process understanding by staff will be taken and included in the final report
Additional examples will be reviewed on the basis of non conformance
A full report on the audit and any non conformance will be issued, this can be accompanied by a management debrief
A report of recommendations will be made listing any need for training requirements, additional supporting documents and suggested process adjustments
The eight principles of ISO 9001
Customer Focus, Leadership, Involvement of People, Process Approach, Systematic Approach to Management, Continual Improvement, Factual Approach to Decision Making, Mutually Beneficial Supplier Relationship
Each audit is planned by our auditor who is certified in ISO 9001 by the BSI, an invitation to attend the audit is sent to all the relevant parties, the nature and reason for the audit is given but any specific details i.e. job numbers, accounts, documents are not disclosed.
During the audit the employee/s will be asked to demonstrate an understanding of the process by navigating the systems and documentation as detailed within the process. A list of all finding will be produced at the end of each audit detailing non conformances, observations and recommendations.
Non conformances are not revealed during the audit and at no time should the employee feel that this is a personal audit on skills or ability.
- Establish and communicate the scope and objectives for the audit to appropriate management.
- Develop an understanding of the business area under review. This includes objectives, measurements, and key transaction types. This involves review of documents and interviews. Flowcharts and narratives may be created if necessary.
- Describe the key risks facing the business activities within the scope of the audit.
- Develop and execute a risk-based sampling and testing approach to determine whether the most important management controls are operating as intended.
- Report issues and challenges identified and create action plans with management to address the problems.
- Follow-up on reported findings at appropriate intervals.
Call us today for a no obligation conversation